Old September 5th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default what lens for elan7?

wrote:
Hi, I picked up a used Elan7 on ebay for $100. Good deal? The seller
had a 100% positive rating and hundreds of transactions.

Now, what lens? I've searched this group and see that I should get
either a 28-105mm or a 50mm. I would be happy with the latter. I had
one with an old pentax k1000 and loved it. However: will all the canon
50mm f1.8 lenses I see on ebay for about $50 work with the elan? Will
the autofocus work? It seems like a shame to have an Elan7 and not use
the autofocus feature. Any other advice for a good INEXPENSIVE lens
would be appreciated.

For example, I see J&R has the CANON 50mm/f1.8 Canon Camera Lens for
$70. Will that work with the Elan7 and is it autofocus? Thanks again.