Old September 1st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

Default GIMP

nospam wrote:
In article SrEuk.209$sq3.51@trnddc07, Mike -- Email Ignored
wrote:

I use Nikon Capture NX, but I need healing and patch
tools. A friend suggested I try GIMP. Any comments?

photoshop elements is a much better choice. another alternative is
adobe lightroom, which can edit images nondestructively as well as
manage image libraries.

Why is elements a better choice for that?

For the OP, you can get rid of dust spots against skies etc using NX ,
selection tool & blur, or painting them out using the brush tool (select
b/g colour using colour picker). Obviously not for more complicated
cloning etc.