Old April 7th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.nature
Frank ess

Default Photographing birds in flight

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:23:11 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Paul Furman
wrote:

Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

( http://posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/pix/14.jpg - 100K ).
Notice
the blue hues around the green leaves. There was no blue in the
original picture. Sigh.

Nice shots but I don't know why a jpeg would produce those blues...
that doesn't sound right?

I've seen something similar , even in raw files from a D70 processed
by RSE. Probably a bit of bloomimg/CA?

I'll conject it's the blue sky, un-overexposed by diminution of
intensity by the palm-frond filter.

Similar effect: Overexposed out of the direct sun, greater color
saturation under the shade of the pier.
http://www.fototime.com/8D5F43553123D59/orig.jpg

--
Frank ess