Old September 13th 04, 08:33 AM
Nick C

"William Graham" wrote in message
newsZa1d.291736$8_6.41826@attbi_s04...

"Saint Chris" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Hello All...I have copied a bunch of Photography Newsgroups in on this

only
because of my limited time and lack of knowledge with not only Newsgroups
but also Photography.

Here is my scoop. I just got married yesterday (thank you) and we are
preparing for our trip to Bora Bora (www.boraboralgoon.com). I do not

want
to spoil this oppertunity to take some fantastic pictures so I am asking

all
the questions now. Hopefully you can all respond to this message and
help
me out. I leave on Wednesday (September 15) and I am hoping to get
everything I need before I leave.

My Equipment is (don't laugh I am new):
- Canon Rebel Ti with standard lense (28-90)
- Sigma Lense (70-300 F4-5.6II with Marco Super)
- Standard Tripod

You didn't say how long you'll be there but you should be aware that the
humidity level may still be high. I assume you'll be staying in an
air-conditioned hotel. It will be interesting to know how the Canon Rebel
functions.

There will be outdoor evening entertainment as well as indoor entertainment
and a 24mm or 20mm fast lens would come in handy. Usually, they don't allow
flash's to be used. Hope you have as least a polarize filter and a warming
filter. When taking pictures of the lush greenery or the resident people, a
warming filter would be an asset. The polarize filter would be an asset for
those long beach and over the water scenes.

nick

My questions a
1. For going to Bora Bora what type of lenses should I have to
capture
the beauty?
2. Hints for Aperature and Shutter speed.
3. Trying to capture Fish etc through the water.
4. ANYTHING IS APPRECIATED.

I love taking lanscape pictures and I hope to capture some sun falls and

sun
rises, not to mention some pictures of my beautiful Bride.

PLEASE HELP....and quick. Price is of course an object so the best BANG

for
the Buck is appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

With only two days left before you leave, I wouldn't buy any new equipment
now.....Use what you've got, and already are familiar with. You've got all
the focal lengths covered, even if the optics aren the best, so you should
get some pretty good photos.........Save your money for film, and have a
good time.......