Old August 29th 05, 05:31 PM
l e o

RSD99 wrote:
"McLeod" wrote in message

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:57:52 +1000, John
wrote:

What actually does it do, apart from allowing viewing of the RAW images?

Sorry for dumbo question?

Yes, it will display thumbnails just like Windows will do with other
image files right now, instead of just an icon and filename.

Whoopee ... and for that we need a 48 Megabyte download ? ? ? ? ?

And ... you need to install the complete (dot)Net package ? ? ? ? ?

What's wrong with IrfanView ... it seems to work quite well for viewing RAW
files (and all other image file types)? AND ... it's a lot smaller and
faster!

www.irfanview.com

It's 6MB, unless you download the full version with .NET and I suspect
you already have .NET runtime module in your system. It's a handy viewer
that is intergrated to the file explorer. Why not get it if your pc is
not too antiqued.