Old February 28th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography

Default CROSS-POSTING, OR MULTI-POSTING, OR NEITHER?

Nick wrote on Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:18:01 -0500:

NZ In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Colin D
NZ wrote:
??
?? What's the netiquette or group charter position on this?
?? Should we not reply to these cross/multi posts? - except
?? this one, of course {:-)
??
NZ If it makes sense to cross post then cross post. OTOH
NZ think hard if it really makes sense. Most things don't.

For myself, if I notice something is cross-posted, I ignore it.
I wish it were possible to define a rule in OE that would do
that automatically but such is not the case. More's the pity, I
don't think I'd miss much!

James Silverton.