Old May 28th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Bowser

Default Canon and Panasonic: updated models

On Thu, 27 May 2010 18:22:59 -0700, SMS
wrote:

On 27/05/10 4:22 PM, Bowser wrote:

Uh, not really. I own an FZ35 and while I love it, it's clearly not in
the same league as any DSLR with regards to image quality or AF speed.
Not to say it's bad; it's quite good. But nowhere near a DSLR.

You've got to understand the issue here. Apparently our favorite troll
has an FZ-35/FZ-38 so by default that camera becomes the perfect camera
and it can have no faults.

Unlike you and I, who could objectively look at most any item we own and
point out both its highs and lows to someone who inquires about it,
there are people that immediately after purchasing an item feel
compelled to justify the purchase to the entire world and make it clear
that their purchasing decision was in fact the best possible one. It's
deep-seated insecurity that causes this behavior.

The reality is that it at low ISO settings the FZ-35/FZ-38 produces
acceptable results, and it has many highly desirable features.
But it is neither the best quality ZLR in terms of noise or image
quality, nor is it anywhere close to quality of a D-SLR.

Yes, I know the issue and I know Navas' tactics very well. He makes
ridiculous claims and never provides any proof to back them. I'll pass
on the banter this time. It's tiring and he's beginning to really bore
me.