Old June 9th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Knock, knock - Doors

On 2012-06-09 15:00:40 -0700, Eric Stevens said:

On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 08:08:54 -0700 (PDT), otter

On 2012-06-09 00:21:26 -0700, otter said:

On Jun 7, 9:28*pm, tony cooper wrote:

The Duck pulled it off with imagination with his bomb bay door.

I was going to let Duck reply, but since he hasn't...

I don't think that's a bomb bay door, it's where the wheel goes.

Is that a P51 Mustang?

Correct.
They are the under carriage doors on a P-51D. There are no bomb bay
doors on a P-51. Bombs, rockets and droppable fuel tanks (misnamed
"bellytanks" because on earlier planes such as the P-40, they were
carried on a centerline hardpoint.), were carried on wing hardpoints.
As I explained earlier, there are actually four doors under that plane.
The two center doors shown in the image, and the two doors attached to
the actual landing gear struts.
All four of those doors can be seen in this example of a P-51D.
http://db.tt/Mccq0Lrq

Here's some more pictures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfkR0U2VnSs

Talking of 'tree top flyers', here is one courtesy of Airliner's Net
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/Euro%20Fighter.jpg

I like the way the guy in the back seat is hanging on with both hands.

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Those guys are in real trouble! They seem to have lost their propeller.

Savageduck