Old September 27th 09, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Opinion sought: Omega 45D

On 9/27/2009 1:01 PM Alan Browne spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 9/27/2009 7:48 AM Alan Browne spake thus:

Howard Lester wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote

I contacted the seller who says he probably has 2 or more lenses in
his cupboards.

I might make larger aperture lens boards - unless it is more
difficult than I assume!!

Probably not. I once made one out of cardboard!

I'd want to make one a little more durable, methinks...

I would think that an accurate center for the hole is required, at
least to bring the lens/film square with no swings/tilts/rises.

Trivially easy to do. If you think cardboard isn't sturdy enough,
there's always tempered hardboard (aka Masonite).

I was thinking of polycarb with a black filler if I can find one that
works (takes to being cut/drilled well).

Sure, whatever material turns you on. Oh, and is the right thickness.
Styrene or PVC would also work.

Weapons of choice would be an ordinary hole saw of the right size or a
fly cutter for larger holes. Enlarge if necessary with a wood rasp and
voila!