Old August 31st 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
ASAAR

Default Kodak DX 7440

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:53:06 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:

Well, some people have friends who might have 1GB cards they could try.
Or a dealer might have one they would let him try in order to make a
sale. And with 1GB SD cards going for under $20 locally, it isn't a
large investment.
Now, the other question is, why? I have a DX6440 (about the same as the
7440), and it will put 306 pictures on a 256 meg card. Makes one wonder
at the rationale of buying a card that will have over 1200 pictures....

No. It makes one wonder why someone would either use a camera
whose maximum image size was less than one megabyte, or if it was
larger, why they'd choose to use less than the maximum resolution
and least compression. My guess is that your DX6440 is one of
Kodak's thingies that produces only highly compressed jpeg files.
Even if the DX7440 can't do any better, one rationale expressed here
from time to time is that a 512MB card is nearly the perfect size
since no matter how full the card is, it can be completely backed up
to a single CD.