Old December 24th 04, 05:58 PM
Beppe Alborč

If you are that concerned about cancer you should probably
take up a different hobby, but note that carcinogens exist in every

place
that we live, work, and play. Processed foods, cigarette smoke,

second-hand
cigarette smoke, red wine, processed meats, building products, paints,
varnishes, adhesives, insulation, automobile exhaust (especially

diesel),
power plant emissions,

yes, i know that dangers of carcinogens exist everywhere, but i prefer to be
as far as i can from all of these substances.
here's why i was searching the internet for development products that can't
expose me to this risk, because i like darkroom hobby very much!

I've discovered that these 2 products :
kodak xtol (film developer)
kodak selectol soft (paper developer)

don't have the hydroquinone in their formulas (i've read them on their data
sheets...).

so, i was asking myself if these products can't expose people to cancer
risk...
but i'm not an expert...

.... if someone of you can download the data sheets of these 2 products, at
the site
http://msds.kodak.com/ehswww/external/index.jsp

can give me a confimation ?

thanks very much, and happy holidays !!!!