Old April 28th 17, 04:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Question re SLR's and video recording...

On 2017-04-28 03:20:34 +0000, John Albert said:

I suppose this qualifies for the "dumb questions" category, but...

When shooting video with a mirror based SLR, how does one view the subject?

"Live View" or whatever each manufacturer calls their live view via the LCD.

Through the viewfinder?

Nope, the LCD.

Wouldn't the mirror have to be raised continuously for recording video?

Yes.

The digital cameras I've owned (to this point) haven't been SLR's.

Just wonderin'...

Now you know.

Savageduck