Old November 19th 11, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Conway[_2_]

Default Timelapse of table

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 17:02:39 -0500, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

"Sandman" wrote in message
So I want to make a timelapse movie of me drawing, and I will be
drawing on paper on a table. I have a DSLR and I was wondering if you
knew about a good way to mount it above the paper?

I have two tripods and putting them on the table may be a bit
cumbersome but it's possible, but I don't seem to be able to zoom
out/move the camera far up enough without seeing the tripod in frame.
Not a huge problem per se, but I would prefer a mounting solution that
works without seeing it of course.

Any ideas?

Did I misunderstand or something? It seems to me the OP wants to take a
series of photos of himself doing the artwork as it progresses.
(timelapse)
A copystand would be fine for the artwork, but will not include the
artist.
My previous comment about a floor standing tripod with a somewhat wide
angle
lens from high enough to include both the artist and the artwork seems to
be
what's required. If the tripod won't go high enough, you could always
stand
it on encyclopedias or some other solid extension! good luck!

The OP hasn't been particularly clear, but I get the impression that
the timelapse is of what is drawn as the drawing emerges. The OP
would not be in the image, or only the OP's hands would be in the
image. Hard to tell.

I'm guessing something like this:
http://www.neatorama.com/2010/06/11/...e-pen-drawing/

Cool. I see what you're saying. A copystand would work fine for that.
Probably not necessary to show complete artist. :-)