Old November 19th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

Default Timelapse of table

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 09:36:58 -0800, "Frank S" wrote:
:
: "Sandman" wrote in message
: ...
: In article ,
: Alan Browne wrote:
:
: On 2011-11-19 04:51 , Sandman wrote:
: So I want to make a timelapse movie of me drawing, and I will be
: drawing on paper on a table. I have a DSLR and I was wondering if you
: knew about a good way to mount it above the paper?
:
: I have two tripods and putting them on the table may be a bit
: cumbersome but it's possible, but I don't seem to be able to zoom
: out/move the camera far up enough without seeing the tripod in frame.
: Not a huge problem per se, but I would prefer a mounting solution that
: works without seeing it of course.
:
: Any ideas?
:
: Two tripod legs on the floor, one on the table (shorter of course).
:
: Well, in my testing, the three tripod legs were on the table and at
: their shortest, and the area to photograph was in between two legs,
: yet still they would show up in the frame. One leg at its shortest
: would probably be even worse, but I like your thinking
:
:
:
: I suppose if your tripod head allows you to point the camera straight up,
: you could suspend it all from the ceiling? Or the wall?

The OP wants to take time-lapse pictures of himself drawing. The setup you
propose would seem to make that operation geometrically impossible. :^)

Bob