Old November 19th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Irwin

Default Timelapse of table

Sandman wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what a reversible column would be, and how
to check if I can use it? Sorry

Based on the picture of your tripod, I would try to see if I could
take the cap off the bottom of the central column of the tripod,
loosen the knob holding the central column in place and then pull
the central column up out of the tripod. Then insert the column
upside down into the bottom of the apex of the tripod.

If the cap on the bottom of your tripod central column comes off,
this will probably work. The advantage is that since your camera
is now a bit lower than your tripod legs, the legs won't show
when pointing down. You may need to be careful about lighting
to keep tripod leg shadows out of the picture.

Peter.