Old December 26th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cgiorgio

Default recommend a book to fully utilize A710-IS

There is one specialized and very important book that will tell you about
your A710-IS:
The manual that came with your camera. Try to read that, it is specific for
your camera it will tell you about its capabilities and limitations.
Start experimenting, all it will cost you is an occasional battery recharge.

Digital photography is still photography, the same optical principles as in
analog photography apply, so any good book on photography will do.

There are also some online resources where you can learn:

http://www.photoworkshop.com/

http://www.shortcourses.com/choosing/contents.htm

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_us

http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php

"Bill Reece" wrote:

instead of me pestering everyone here with every silly question that comes
to my curious and uneducated mind.

please someone(s), direct me to a book that will gently guide me in the
edification of my brain in the world of digital photography w/o being so
advanced that it would frustrate me with technical terms I don't
necessarily need to know.

I have Canon's A710-IS. And would like to be able to use more than just
the "Auto" mode.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Bill