Old August 30th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default 20D NAILS IT!

Joan wrote:
Is anyone doing anything about the spike?

No.

There are two options that have been considered.

1. Leave the bird alone and let nature take it's course. The spike
doesn't seem to bother the bird at all, and it should eventually work
it's way out on it's own.

2. Try to capture the bird and remove the spike. This would prove
quite difficult and would probably traumatize the bird as well as
possibly seriously wounding it further in the attempt. How would one
catch a wild bird, anyway? I suppose they'd have to shoot it with a
tranquilizer gun, but then they'd have to hope the bird didn't fly up
in a tree where it could fall to it's death or where it would be
difficult to retrieve.

I suppose if I had the time and lotsa little fish, I could eventually
train Spike to come to me like I did Harry the Hawk.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/61262554