Old August 13th 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Photoshop CC will not save

On 2015-08-12 21:09:46 +0000, PeterN said:

I sometimes work with many layered files. Since the latest update CC
won't save except as a large format file, (over 2GB) The files I have
had the issue with are 517 M, and the other 374 M
There were some references to this issue with older versions on PS, on
the Adobe site.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't had that particular issue personally. However, there is a
reason the Large File Format (PSB) exists. Layered TIFFs that size are
silly, and there is a 2 GB limit on layered PSDs.

Compressed TIFFs can create a whole bunch of compatibility issues.

So if you get into potentually lofty file sizes due to retaining
multiple layers, use PSB "Large File Format"rather than PSD. (
"Photoshop BIG" vs "Photoshop dainty". )

Thanks I know about saving in large format.
My issue is that in both cases the file size was well under 1G. Wither
the files size info in CC is wrong, or I CC is reading some tag
incorrectly. I would think that even if I make 10 vector, or raster
layers, I would only have a file size under 500mg. Something is going

So, were these PSD, or TIFF?

Was Max compatibility on or off if PSD?

If TIFF, were they compressed or uncompressed?

How did you calculate the size of the files prior to the save attempt?,
or are you thinking of file sizes before you got your D800?

If you have 10+ layers originating from a D800 original, the saved file
with all layers preserved, is going to get pretty fat. Then if you have
used Smart objects and/or done any scaling (w/wo SO) the layers are
going to grow well beyond your expectations.

Savageduck