Old June 2nd 12, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Macro/Closeup

On 2012-05-31 18:41 , tony cooper wrote:

Alan Browne: The spider's good, and they are harder to shoot than
some think. Hard to get them isolated from the background as was done
here. Must have been in a dark corner somewhere to force you to
1/100th at f/8 and 800 ISO.

I was shooting something else when he "dropped" in on me. I forgot to
set the ISO and the shutter speed appropriately. I snapped on the flash
and pointed that at the ceiling (I was standing on a chair to shoot
him). Set the lens to 1:1 (macro) and focused by swaying. He was quite
uncooperative and it was impossible to get his head in the shot.

I should have dialed that to f/16 @ 1/250 and ISO 160.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.