Old October 19th 05, 10:01 PM
no_name

Default Full-frame MF digital sensor -- so what happened?

Neil Gould wrote:

Recently, no_name posted:

Neil Gould wrote:

In another discussion group, I was made aware of this product, which
is rather dated, now. Apparently, this product was presented at a
trade show... so, other than the price, what killed it?

Apparently out of business.

[...]

They evidently didn't own the chips they used, purchasing them from
the company that makes the chips for the LEAF backs.

Possibly absorbed by Better Light.

I was mainly curious about the lack of pursuit of a 6x6cm sensor since one
was apparently "available" as far back as 1996.

Neil

The 6x6cm sensor seems to have been vapor-wear, although I believe
Better Light does offer a scanning back for 4" x 5" and may still offer
some kind of scanning back for selected medium format cameras.

Doubt it has a "full frame" sensor (i.e. 6x6cm though.