Old April 2nd 18, 04:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 22:45:11 -0400, schrieb nospam:

what's missing from your claim are the hoops you jumped through to get
it to run,

*Again, you just make everything up, nospam.*
_Hence, you're right no more than is the monkey looking for his bananas._

I realize nopsam is always purposefully unhelpful and that he plays his
incessant silly childish games, but there must be adults on this newsgroup
so I will patiently summarize what the adults on the Windows newsgroup
suggested to test whether Adobe Illustrator could read the PDF with fonts
(it can't) and then how to easily overcome that limitation.

*Tested today on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, version 1709.*

1. Download, unzip, and install Adobe Illustrator, version 12.0.0.
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

2. Open the PDF file to swap the default 1 font to Roadgeek 2005 Series B
http://i.cubeupload.com/M873ot.gif

3. The next step is to print to vinyl at a size of 12x18 inches.
https://u.cubeupload.com/Ma3cnk.gif

If there are adults on this r.p.d newsgroup, may I ask two related
questions (given that I don't have a Mac & I don't have a vinyl-cutout
printer)

Q1: Do you think the ai-format file saved from Adobe Illustrator version
12.0.0 on Windows will be readable by a current version of Mac Adobe
Illustrator?

Q2: Do you know Adobe Illustrator well enough to suggest what steps are
necessary (if any) to print to a vinyl-cutout printer?

--
Please: If you're going to act like a child in responding, just do us all a
favor and don't respond as this question is an on-topic valid question for