Old March 7th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

Default 5x7 Film Holder Dimensions.

wrote in message
On Feb 28, 9:21 pm, wrote:
Hello,

Anyone out there happen to have the dimensions for a
standard 5x7 film
holder? I'm reverse engineering a quick 5x7 box camera
and thought I'd
get started on it the while I wait for a film holder I
ordered online
to arrive.. Thanks

I should have been more specific.. I'm looking for the
outside
dimensions only - length and width.

Thank You

You might search for an ISO or NIST standard for this.
I have the film plane dimentions but not external ones. I
suspect there is no thickness standard because actual
holders vary a lot.
The position of the film window, width, and position of
the lock strip will be important. Length of the overhang on
the loading side also varies a lot among holders.

--
---
Richard Knoppow