Old May 5th 07, 07:54 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.art
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Interview with Henry Wilhelm on print permanence

All the manufacturers pay the Wilhelm Research Institute to conduct the
tests.

This has been a major credibility issue for many people, but then the
money has to come from somewhere.

Cheers,

Wayne

Wayne J. Cosshall
Publisher, Experimental Digital Photography
http://www.experimentaldigitalphotography.com
Personal art site http://www.cosshall.com/

Rob wrote:
Mr.T wrote:

"frederick" wrote in message

Sure - I agree that because an ink/paper combination gets a 200 year DPR
from Wilhelm doesn't mean it will last 200 years on my dining room wall.
But you can be highly confident that it will last much longer than an
ink/paper combination rated at 10 years.

And that is where you may be mistaken. As others have pointed out
already,
that would ONLY be the case IF the dominant mode of failure was under
test,
or at least common to both cases. This CANNOT be assumed to always be
so. In
fact the Epson case makes that quite obvious.

MrT.

I also think Epson do sponsor the Wilhelm tests.

rm