Old September 18th 12, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Me

Default Can't believe someone would say this with a straight face

On 19/09/2012 8:38 a.m., Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
John A wrote:
On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:12:20 +0200, Wolfgang Weisselberg
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
Alan Browne wrote:
On 2012.08.26 16:19 , R. Mark Clayton wrote:

So how many colour steps and gray steps do you get at 16 dithered
dots?

4 dots each magenta, cyan, yellow and black = 64k

ink limit.

So, how many magenta steps, green steps, and gray steps do
you get?

Assuming each dot is either there or not there, about 16 steps each.

That was the point.

And I think we can agree that we can see more than 16 shades.
So the area needed per pixel is larger than 16 dots.

You might manage a little more if some of the colours (like cyan and yellow
can print over each other, but obviously anything + black = black.

Really? Anything + black = black? Try it yourself ...

Ahhh... rich blacks.

black + yellow = brown.

But brown isn't a colour:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._brown.svg.png