Old June 13th 12, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

Default Infrared Time-Lapse Movie

"PeterN" wrote:
On 6/12/2012 7:53 PM, David J. Littleboy wrote:

The conversion may have added an IR pass filter (that blocks most or all
visible light) in front of the sensor. If it didn't, you need an IR
filter. There are some odd color effects you can get by doing color
photography with IR contamination of the colors, but I'm not fond of
those.

It was a cheapo conversion. Just removed the IR filter.

Here is the result:
http://peternewman.smugmug.com/Photography/Landscapes/21271534_mw4B9R#!i=1730614889&k=WGpJLmN&lb=1&s=A

That looks good to me. Close to what I am getting with a built-in IR filter.

http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/127605673/large
http://www.pbase.com/davidjl/image/140083759/large

I will sometimes do color shifting in PS, which I can control:

http://peternewman.smugmug.com/Photography/Abstract/21271728_bCdThq#!i=1693670410&k=4gXkj6L

That's extremeg.

-- David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan