Old March 22nd 12, 07:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Nikon Uses Canon 5D2 Footage To Promote D800

Annika1980 writes:

On Mar 21, 10:42*am, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

I remember that backlog. *I bought my D200 at Best Buy because they
actually had stock, none of the camera dealers did (perfectly good price
too). *(I was upgrading from a Fuji S2 and had Nikon lenses going back
to 1980 at that point, so switching to Canon wasn't really an option.)

So there wasn't much of a backlog if Best Buy had them.
I'll bet Toys R' Us had plenty of them as well.

Adorama didn't have them. B&H didn't have them. Locally, National
Camera didn't have them. Turned out Best Buy did, probably because it
was too high a model for their real market, but they'd gotten optimistic
product allocation.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info