Old May 6th 04, 03:16 PM
Bob Salomon

Default Building a View camera to use Hassy or Kiev backs

In article ,
(Jim-Ed Browne) wrote:

I have a couple of questions. I'd like to build a 6x7cm view camera
with groundglass focussing, like the Bender but smaller, but I'd like
to use Hassselblad or Kiev 88 backs. What would be the simplest way to
rig a film advance, as this is on the body? Also, what doesn't
interchange between the Hasselblad and Kiev backs-is the gear a
different pitch or in a different spot? Is there a reason they changed
it on the Kiev-or for that matter the Bronica SQ?

Linhof makes an adapter to convert Linhof TK 23 cameras to Hasselblad
backs. It has a lever to advance the film.

Linhof also makes a Hasselblad adapter for any 45 Graflock back camera
as well as adapters for Hasselblad, Mamiya RZ, Mamiya RB and Hasselblad
shift backs for their M679 camera. These adapters can also be used on 45
Linhof Kardan, Sinar, Arca and Toyo cameras with the proper Linhof
camera adapter board.

--
HP Marketing Corp.
www.hpmarketingcorp.com Ansmann, Braun, Combina,