Old February 2nd 04, 12:38 AM
John

Default Seeking a Master Printing Workshop

On 1 Feb 2004 15:55:50 -0800, (Ken Smith) wrote:

I can no longer justify ten to twenty sheets of paper per print, even
though many printers will say that's exactly average.

If it ever took me 20 sheets of paper to get a good
enlargement I'd throw in the towel.

9/10ths of the work is done in the camera. Frankly I rarely
expose more than 1~2 sheets prior to making a good final print.
Honestly I don't know how I do it but the other night when I printed
with the Elwood for the first time I simply looked at the light coming
out of the lens which I had never printed with and made a good 8X10 on
the very first print. Not perfect. Took one more print for that.

BTW, why do you believe that Pyrocat has helped your images ?
Developers have many qualities but they rarely are actually capable of
addressing dramatic problems in a negative.

So what area are you in ?

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer -
http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email