Old February 22nd 04, 11:15 PM
Andrew McCall

Default Opinions on Jobo LPL C 7700 Color Enlarger & Other Equipment

Hi Folks,

I am fairly new to photography and darkroom equipment, and am studying
it at night school - so at the moment I don't know much about darkroom
equipment, although I am learning. I have been offered the following
equipment for £150 (UK Pounds) from someone who I have just bought a
Nikon Coolscan III from:

Jobo LPL 7700* with a Colour Head
LPL Easel 10x8
Lens- Schneider 50mm f2.8
Contact Sheet Frame
3 10x8 Trays
Durst Clock Timer
Durst 35mm Development Tank
New and boxed Kinderman Stainless Steel Tank & Spare Reel
Part used Kodak and Ilford Multigrade Paper
Measuring Containers
Tongs
Ilford Safe Light

I was intending to buy my own equipment to develop my own film and do
my own prints, so this set up seems pretty good. As I don' know much
about equipment, I have loads of questions!

Can anyone give my any opinions on the equipment offered to me? Is it
at the correct price?

I use a Durst 707 at college for B&W prints and the 707 suits me fine
- is the LPL 7700 as good as the 707, and will I still be able to do
B&W prints using this, even though it has a colour head?

From the lsit given above, will I need to purchase anythings else to
get me going? I think I need the chemicals and a changing bag.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew McCall