Old February 22nd 04, 08:38 PM
Ian Grant

Default 4x5 in Xtol 1:1

Well it's almost impossible to find here in the UK now.

When I was in Rochester (US not UK) in November I was told in one large
photostore that they expected that when stocks ran out it would just
disappear. It wasn't being promoted by Kodak an more. They only had the
small US pack which was all they could still get - here in the UK only the 5
litre pack was available.

It was announced here in the UK that it would no longer be available in
European sizes about a year ago, (ie 5litres as opposed to a US Gallon
pack), and the Kodak plant has ceased production pf powdered chemicals in
the UK. I did buy the last two 5 litre packs in a large Canadian store
before coming home.

It appears it will just disappear in most markets, you may be luckier in the
States. It's possible that Kodak have reasonable stocks left.

Ian

"Gary Banuk" wrote in message

What do you mean until supplies run out? Is xtol being discontinued?

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:03:44 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Grant"
wrote:

Using any powdered Dev with 5"x4" in a dev tank is uneconomic at 1:1, why
not use FS and replenish your stock solution. You actually get better
results.

Have been doing that for over 35 years now, first with Promicrol and then
Microphen, later with Adox Borax MQ (for about 10 yrs) with a break where

only used Rodinal but now with X-tol until supplies run out . . . . . .

Ian