Old March 6th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default Metering for B/W Films

On 3/5/2012 17:01 PM, Darkroom User wrote:
There are many discussions on the internet for using lightmeters, either
reflective or incident. Much of it for digital or color reversal films.

When it comes down to B/W films, methods such as the zone system or BTZS
are mentioned.

How do the visitors here like to use their lightmeters for exposing B/W
films for enlarging or contacts in the wet darkroom?

I don't. I have an old spot-type print analyzer that I use
to get dynamic range and then time settings. It would seem
to me that a light meter, unless it is a spot meter, is not
going to be all that useful in the darkroom.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Mesure is Medicine þauh þou muche ȝeor[n]e.
Al nis not good to þe gost þat þe bodi lykeþ,
Ne lyflode to þe licam þat leof is to þe soule.

William Langland, The Vision of Piers Plowman
Passus I, lines 33 - 35