Old May 17th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Default Aristo cold head

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"john" wrote

On EvilBay there is an Aristo T12. .... Is there a particular "gotcha" to
beware of?

You may need to stick to graded paper - it looks like the
original 'actinic' tube. I had a head with this tube on
a D-series Omega and it only wanted to produce grade 4+
VC prints. Some people say they can get by throwing
a lot of yellow filtration into the system.

Aristo make a lot of different color tubes in their heads, each with a
different characteristic curve. Some will work pretty well with about Y40 or
so yellow filter in addition to your regular vc filters. Others will not.

You might find the following curves helpful:

http://www.aristogrid.com/spd.htm

They also make heads with a blue and a green tube so you can use VC paper
more easily. I have an Aristo head (D2HI) that came with either a W45 or a
V54 tube in it and that worked OK with a yellow filter, although I used
graded paper at the time, so it did not matter much to me.

^^-^^ 08:15:01 up 10 days, 47 min, 3 users, load average: 4.02, 4.06, 4.09