Old November 29th 11, 01:33 PM
Sascha11 Sascha11 is offline
Junior Member

[quote='Miles Bader[_2_];825333']Michael writes:[color=blue][i]

I normally get a better quality scan and also get truer colors. I use a film scanner for doing my film. I have a flat bed scanner I use for photos as well as if I need to scan a Document for any reason. Costco normally has some that are pretty good.

There is a difference between the cheap ones and th really good ones. The biggest difference is the overall resolution you can scan at. If you want to be able to print a neg at 8x10, figure you will need to be able to scan it up 2400x3000dpi (since you print normally at 300 dpi thus 300x10 is 3000)

I hope this helps. I also would NOT suggest you you use any form of digital ice when you scan. As it not only will take a lot longer, it will soften the image. I will warn you, when you scan the images, for them to look great, they will need some touch up, so practice your Photoshops CS2 or CS3 skills.

Last edited by Sascha11 : November 30th 11 at 02:07 PM.