Old November 16th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mark B.

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message
Arguments over relative merits of DSLR vs P&S digicams
occupy a plurality of current traffic volume on r.p.d.

In many ways it reminds me of the film vs digital debate
of the last many years.

DSLR partisans seem like the defenders of film, because
they don't have a lot of firm evidence that their workflow
is superior, except at high ISO or some arcane usage.

I know DSLRs are selling well, but do these flame wars
indicate the beginning of the end?

Nah, they just indicate that P&S users are insecure. If users of P&S users
are so happy with the results, why the barbs constantly directed at DSLR
user? I own & use both, by the way and I'm of the opinion the end result
has more to do with the person behind the camera, and both types of cameras
have their own particular strengths & weaknesses. Might as well start a
Ford vs. Chevy thread, that's how pointless I think the debate is. There's
no one camera that's perfect for every situation.

Mark