Old July 22nd 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

Default The Pinhole II gallery is up!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:26:44 -0700 (PDT), otter
wrote:

On Jul 20, 12:16*pm, Bowser wrote:
Available for viewing, and located he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/pinhole_ii

Last night I wrote a long and detailed commentary on all the pictures
of the SI, and when I went to submit it my computer froze, and I
wasn't even able to capture the text in notepad. I consider that an
omen. So I will just make a few brief comments.

First, I think everyone will agree that this was a difficult
challenge. To try to find something interesting at random locations
that are usually quite plain is a real test. On the other hand I'm
glad to have tried it, and think I learned something. If nothing
else, to look at everyday places in a different way, as possible photo
opportunities.

Comments:

- The photo of the SI for me was Bowser's pidgeons. You could tell
they were hot and thirsty. I thought the picture could be better,
though, if the boaters and the other things on the water were stamped
out. I sent Bowser a modified version to show what I mean. It only
took a few minutes in photoshop. I even Siskerized the sky. I didn't
feel right putting the modified pic on my website, so I'll let Bowser
decide whether to show it.

Thanks for the compliments! I did reply to your mail, and asked that
you market the photo, sell it, make a ton of money, and then send me
the money.

I'm good with that.

FWIW, I rarely modify any shoot in submissions and prefer to let the
pics stand as I took them. The disruptive background elements and
un-Siskerized sky were in the original, so I left them in. I did a
little contrast/saturation/sharpening on the original JPG, however,
but not much. I've found that thirsty pigeons don't need a lot of
attention.