Old March 23rd 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Jobo ATL-2300 chemical pumping error

Baxter wrote:

There aren't level sensors in the bottles.

I don't have a 2300 but I've had a number of ATL's in operation. My
current one is an ATL 2+. Their innards are all basically identical,
give or take a row of bottles etc.

There is a wire pieced through the hose leading to the lift. This wire
is used for a resistance measurement in order to determine if liquid is
flowing through the hose.

Now, if during the pumping step, no liquid is detected at this position
within a certain time span (e.g. empty bottle, lid no closed...) or if
liquid detection ends too early indicating that either there hasn't been
enough soup in the bottle or pumping doesn't work as it should, an alarm
is triggered and processing is interrupted. This alarm can then be
acknowledged by pressing the start button after which the machine makes
a renewed attempt at pumping.

Apparently, this second attempt in your case delivers enough liquid for
processing to continue, but the damage (streaks) has already been done
by having the tank rotate with too little liquid for a time.

Get the idea?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de