Old February 6th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Ask Suliman and Raheel and Osama (Osama Ibrahim) and many others..

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
I work with one, and I know several, so?

So, you're a full of **** liar .

wrote in message
oups.com...

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
The biggest problem with Islam is that....

The armchair experts conclude...

This thread is a joke, how many of you people actually know any

practising
Muslims ?

I work with one, and I know several, so?

none I'd bet, go back to sleep lads.

wrote in message
ps.com...
The biggest problem with Islam is that, unlike in the West, there was
never any central authority, no 'pope'. With the rise of

protestantism,
the rebellion against the papacy and the assetion of the hegemony by
Henry VIII, and the attacks on religion by David Hume, the church was
no longer looked upon as absolute. When the black death wiped out half
of Europe, the clergy not excepted, the ability of clergy to protect
against evils became suspect. Atheism became a much more reasonable
position...

Matt Clara wrote:
"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the

Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in
Beirut
on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across continents

and
widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like
violent
fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem

facing
Islam
is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to
kill.
Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A cartoon?
Kill
the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp showed his

work
called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten to kill? No.

Why
is