Old July 9th 04, 07:05 AM
The Real Bev

Default HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printingwill stop.

Bob Headrick wrote:

"Orak Listalavostok" wrote:

Do HP printing experts have any other suggestions to overcome
HP OfficeJet d145 printer ink cartridge expiration messages?

Put a fresh ink supply in the printer....

I think the intent was to avoid doing that when there's clearly ink in
the cartridge.

The HP printers with separate ink and printheads are designed for relatively
heavy usage home users or small office applications. If you do not print much
you should probably get a different printer. The PSC 2210 or 2410 or Officejet
6110 may be a better fit for your needs.

Is the cartridge expiration a windows thing? What happens if you're
running linux?

I'm pretty ****ed about the 2 HP printers my mom (win 98) has had -- the
last one started printing purple 3/4" color bands at random times and
now prints all photos with a purple cast, although text printing in b+w
and colors comes out fine. She's printed 1500 pages, which sure doesn't
seem like a proper lifetime for a printer.

--
Cheers,
Bev