Old July 7th 04, 02:45 PM
Bob Parnass

Default HP OfficeJet 145 Black/color ink old. 8 days to expire. Printing will stop.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:36:42 +0000, Travis Jordan wrote:

HP isn't lying. The printer cannot use an expired ink cartridge. ...
Welcome to the brave new world of software-controlled obsolence.
Demonstrate your support for this concept with your feet...

Amen. I found out about Hewlett-Packard's built-in ink cart
obsolence *after* buying a $1000+ HP 2500c color ink jet printer.

I bought a different brand of printer the next time because
of this and won't be buying HP printers again unless their
policy changes.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com