Old January 9th 05, 03:56 PM

Hi there

You may want to check out this page which lists some excellent compact
digital cameras:

http://www.basic-digital-photography...l-cameras.html

Gary

bentre wrote:
Currently have a Canon S200. Works well except in lowlight/indoor

situations
and sometimes a bit slow from off to shoot. Time to upgrade. This is

what I
need:
1. Pocketable - must be able to fit in my pants pocket.
2. Lowlight performance/good flash - restaurant, bar, night

situations
3. Fast - point and shoot with minimal lag
4. $300 - plus or minus
5. Good movie recording (for a dc of course)

Here's a list I've researched soo far:
Canon S410 - I have extra batteries and CP cards.
Fuji F440 - I hear this is a fast camera.
Olympus Stylus 410 - Weather proof is a nice feature.
Kodak CX7530 - AA batteries, 5mp, low price
Pentax S50 - Nice size but how's the flash?
Casia EX-Z50 - Looks good overall.
Fuji E550 - Best overall except will it fit in my pocket?

Which is best for taking to clubs/bars/restaurants?