Old March 1st 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default What do I need to develop photos?

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Excelent answer. I'd like to make one comment:

- Film developer: D-76 (in the US) or ID-11 (in the UK) is an excellent

Both developers (actually the equivalent formula from two manufacturers)
are powders that need to be mixed in advance. Starting out you probably
want to buy a liquid developer. It will have to be diluted before use,
but that's just careful measuring and mixing.

Ilford used to have a pdf file describing the whole process for someone
who is starting from zero, look around, I think it's still there.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/