Old May 3rd 05, 05:30 AM
death skunk five

what kind of print sizes are you looking to do?

photojournalism and street work dont necessairly need that kind of
neg sizes.

"OnSafari" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All,

A few weeks back, I asked for help selecting a Medium Format camera.
After all your advice, I visited a local camera store and checked out
all that was suggested to me. I eventually went with a Mamiya RZ67 Pro
II, which I have fallen in love with.

Now, I have decided it is time for a second Medium Format camera.
Since the RZ67 Pro II is so large and heavy, (which I knew before I
purchased it), I will more than likely confine it to the studio and
certain location shots.

What I am now looking for is a good MF camera for Photojournalism /
Street Photography, which I feel is very similar. Of all the cameras
that I have seen so far, I am finding that I am drawn to the Mamiya 7
II.

That said, I would again like to get your suggestions and advice.
Obviously for this type of photography, I would want a smaller and
faster MF camera that I can hand-hold. The 7 II seems to fit the bill.
I do know that the 7 II and the RZ67 Pro II use different lenses, and
I am ok with that.

If I did get the 7 II, I would probably start off with the 80mm lens,
which seems to be the standard lens for this camera.

That said, any suggestions? I would still probably carry my F100 or
D100 out with me when I go shooting, probably with a longer 80-200mm
zoom.

Thanks all in advance,

Chris
~Stay in Focus~