Old January 3rd 05, 09:37 PM
me

"uwphotographer" wrote in message
ups.com...
me wrote:
Bashing the Call for entries post may actually have a negative

effect
on the amounts available for donation.

If those are *worthy* causes then I'm sorry. I don't think the

promotion of
your contest in a NG is the best way to raise funds.

You are entitled to your opinion, and are entitled to be anti-photo
competition if you like.

I never said that.

I don't think your public criticism in a NG
has much value, and that's my opinion. However, it has allowed us to
keep the thread alive and post more details than I normally would in a
NG, hopefully to the benefit of the competition

That's a reversal, see above. Again you owe me thanks.

and of detriment to the
anonymous "ME" handle you so cowardly hide behind.

I've lost count, has it been 3 of 4 times now that you have insulted me with
intent to provoke. And for the third or fourth time I have to remind you
that anoniminity is not a disquailfication of credibility or any other
quality for that matter

I think it would be more appropriate to promote this contest locally

rather
than in NG's that are international by nature especially considering

that
the scholarship is intended to benefit mainly Ohio residents.
me

The majority of donations have gone to sea turtle conservation in Baja
Mexico and conservation education in Papua New Guinea. I don't see how
these "benefit mainly Ohio residents".

I didn't say that. I said the *scholarship* benefits mainly Ohio residents.
Lets not go over that again eithier.

This is an international competition. Last year there were winners from
New Zealand, Austria, Hungary, Italy, and the UK, as well as the US
states of Florida, California, Texas, Colorado, Michigan, and even a
couple from Ohio. This is only where winners came from. Entrants came
from many other countries and states.

I didn't say that, see above. Commercial solicitations in rec. NG's are
inappropriate and are typically condemned (a.k.a. flamed). You should have
expected this.
Sign,
me