Old December 22nd 14, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Default Professionals: How Do You Ask for a Raise?????

Per Paul:
I've been an amateur/semi-pro digital photographer for
many years now, and have gotten good at the art of photography.

I do one Christmas party for a largish corporation, for $100. It
ends up being about 4 hours of my time, with me downloading all
the images into their laptop.

I've don't the gig 4 times now, and was thinking of raising my
rate.

What would be a reasonable raise, and how should I ask for it?

I have no clue, but would offer up this: My grandson is getting
married next November and they just hired the wedding photographer for
$2,500. And that was the cheap one.... the guy that every talks about
wanted $5,000.
--
Pete Cresswell