Old January 11th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

Default dig. camera suggestions

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:42:26 +0100, Ståle Sannerud wrote:

"ray" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 21:50:02 -0800, michell.co77 wrote:

You might want to look at some EVF cameras (Electronic View Finder). These
typically come with a long (10x-12x) lens and are basically a 'poor man's
dslr' - what you see through the EVF is what the sensor sees. One thing
I've observed with EVFs is that most of them have relatively low
resolution EVFs - usually about 110k pixels - the Kodak models are 237k
and are a whole lot nicer to look at (on the Kodak models the resolution
of the EVF is better than twice the resolution of the back LCD). I
recently got a P850 refurb at the kodak online store - I've not yet had an
opportunity to check low light performance, but it has IS, saves as raw,
jpeg or tiff and has several programs for low light conditions.

An EVF camera won't do much for low-light shooting though, will it? I mean,
they are basically just a typically tiny point-and-shoot camera sensor
wrapped in a DSLR-styled body after all.

I don't know. I've not yet taken the opportunity to try any low-light
shooting. You will at least get the same sort of dynamic range with and
EVF that does raw - how much that would help, I can't say.