Old January 28th 19, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Nikon is backwards

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 23:03:04 -0000, RichA wrote:

On Sunday, 27 January 2019 17:32:41 UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://www.nickcarverphotography.co...-is-backwards/

Now I know it's not just me that's annoyed by this. In fact more than annoyed, I once BROKE a Nikon camera I'd rented, costing me £200, simply by trying to attach the lens in the correct clockwise manner. The rental company was not amused.

The bayonet is fine if you never go from one system to another and back, but it grates if you do.

Not for me. Everything in life tightens to the right. Taps, screws, etc, etc. Having to do one thing the other way simply will never work for me. It's one of those things I expect to be intuitive. If I want to tighten something, it goes clockwise. If that snaps a fragile component inside the camera, I'll never buy their product again. There's simply no need to be different to the rest of the entire world.