Old March 22nd 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Stefan Patric

Default Suggestions for entry level medium format camera please

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:34:32 -0700, Tony wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am wanting opinions on which 2nd hand medium format camera to buy.

I am currently using a Nikon F4 as my film camera using velvia slide
film.
I want to increase the film size, I like shooting people, but also enjoy
taking landscapes and scenery when traveling.

My budget in $1000 to start with so that limits the field I know.

A Mamiya 645 1000s with 80mm, 45mm, and 150mm lenses can be had for about
$1000, maybe, less. Light, compact, very portable. Excellent optics.

Stef