Old October 23rd 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Photographer Spends Eternity Waiting For Museum Visitors To MatchArtworks

On 10/22/2017 3:21 PM, Davoud wrote:
PeterN"
[Facebook] has some very good parts. I come from a large family. My mother was
one of twelve, and my father one of six. I have more cousins once
removed. Although my mother-in-law was only one of three, I have always
been close with her family. I am honored to be the Godfather to some of
her cousin's children. FB has made it easy to keep in touch with most.
AS you can imagine, I spend a fair amount of time on FB. However, I feel
different about posting images, except family snaps.

I spend far too much time on FB; it's how I stay in touch with
far-flung family and friends. But I hate FB. I hate the fake news,
which even some of my more intelligent friends repost. I hate the inane
things that I say. I do post all kinds of images. My latest is this one
from a few minutes ago
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/24007358768.

I'm seriously considering leaving FB at the end of the year; I think
that it has become a threat to liberal democracy, a mouthpiece for the
new KGB that I don't want to be part of. But I hate to lose the easy
contact with family and friends.

The easy contact is the price we pay to listen to the fake and be listed
on someone's commercial email list.
My bitch about them is ethical. I have no problem with FB making money.
I do object to the loss of privacy, and the granting of rights to any
posted image. Most don't realize that they are giving FB the right to
use their images commercially. Their user agreement is about as
understandable to a lay person, as the attempts at disclaimer of
liability in a parking lot.

--
PeterN