Old September 20th 17, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ron C

Default Surfing Novices

On 9/19/2017 8:49 AM, PeterN wrote:

...totally gigantic snip...

That is exactly my point. Some images need cropping, others don't. It
depends on what I am trying to convey.
I am showing that we really do not have different points on the subject
of cropping. That is: cropping is simply one technique for conveying the
*concept in an image. In the case of surfers, I am conveying one
concept, and you prefer to convey a different concept. After our
discussion I think I understand the concept you and Ron like to convey.
That said, I like to convey a different concept in my images, than you.
That does not make me wrong, nor does it make you wrong. What would make
me wrong would be if I did not convey what I intended to convey.

I wrote a few responses, but discarded them because they

could have been construed as personally critical. Instead
I'll just this quick question:

Getting back to the beginning, what did you intend to convey
with your original post/photo?
--
==
Later...