Old August 11th 12, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

Default Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?"

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 10:56:06 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:
: On 2012-08-11 10:15:53 -0700, PeterN said:
:
: I may not think of Jackson Pollack's work as art, but others do.
:
: It's not what you think, it's how you feel. The moment you start
: feeling and opining that the Pollock work is garbage and not worthy of
: being declared art, you have established a personal opinion,
: intellectual response, and judgement of the work, elevating it to the
: level of a work of art. So just being moved to have that opinion of it,
: defines it as art whether you like it or not.
: If only you had just kept your opinion to yourself, and when asked
: about the Pollock work just replied "What painting"? "Who"? which would
: firmly establish an indifference to it.
:
: Personally when I have stood in front of a Pollock and looked at it
: closely, I have no doubt that it is art.
: ...but that is my opinion.
: Here is Pollock #2 at the Munson, Williams, Procter Art Institute, Utica, NY.
: http://db.tt/mGlp4k9k

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that piece is helped by the background
on which they displayed it.

Bob